Sunday, June 12, 2016

First Impressions- Sleek Highlighting Palette in Solstice


Just looking at this palette it is a highlight dream!! I've been trying to get my hands on this palette for a little while now and it finally came back in stock in my local Boots and I snapped it up before they were all gone again. I paid £10 for the palette and have been testing it out over the last few days.

The packaging is mirrored gold and stands within the rest of my make-up collection. The brush it comes with isn't the best, but that doesn't bother me as I don't usually use brushes that come in palettes.

The palette comes with 1 cream highlighter and 3 powder highlighters, 2 of which are baked. 

Ecliptic: Is the cream highlight in the palette, it is a light bronze colour and is nice and smooth, perfect to layer up with a powder highlight.

Hemisphere: Is a baked purple highlight. This is my favourite in the palette! it just makes the skin glow, its smooth, not overly powdery and applies to the skin so nicely.

Subsolar: Is a yellow/gold highlight, not my favourite in the palette purely because the colour doesn't suit my skin tone but the formula is still excellent.

Equinox: Is a rose gold baked highlighter, this is a beautiful highlight, the colour doesn't quite suit me on my cheek bones but I am determined to use this some how.

I can't get over how beautiful this palette is!! I get why everyone has been raving about online. The formula is excellent and the ones I have played with so far look amazing on the skin. I you love highlighters this is the palette for you! There are other palettes within the collection so I am going to try and get my hands on them.

If you have tried this palette or any other sleek highlight palettes leave me a comment below to let me know your thoughts.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment