Monday, May 16, 2016

My Current Skin Care Routine

I love trying out new skin care and have tried and tested a lot of products over the years. I have Dry/Combination skin, my T Zone through out the day no matter what I do does get oily. My skin is blemish prone and some of the blackhead/clearing treatments I use can make certain parts of my face really dry and red. So I have to try an balance my skin care routine to tackle both skin care issues which can be a challenge but I have found some Holy Grail products.

I use different products morning and night, I tend to use gentler products on my skin in the morning as my skin is sensitive and redness does tend to show through my make up. I do subscribe to Glossy Box and it is always full of skin care products to try.

Morning Routine:


  1. The first product I go in with is Peaches and Cream Deep Cleansing Milk by Soap and Glory (£8)- This is the third bottle I have purchased and is great just to take of any residue of moisturiser or overnight face mask from the night before. I don't use the product on its own as I feel like it doesn't clean my skin deeply enough but does take all my make up. I love this product definitely worth a try!!
  2. The cleanser I use is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel  , This came as part of a set (£33) I purchased in the Christmas sale. It is a really nice gentle cleanser, my skin feels nice and clean after using it. I would probably repurchase this after it has run out, probably one of the better cleansers I have tried.
  3. My morning toner is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Toner also part of the same set, this is a much gentler toner than I use in the evening but it does do the job of helping to minimise my pores.
  4. The moisturiser I use if the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+, its a really nice light weight moisturiser and sits nicely under my make up and absorbs into my skin quickly.
  5. If I have a blemish I will use the Clinique Anti Blemish Solution Clinical Clearing Gel (£20) it helps reduce redness and will dry out any blemish that's coming through and it last a long time. I will use this morning and night, If I have used something like a nose pore strip I will but some of this over my nose, it will help close up my pores and help keep them clear.



Evening Routine:

  1. After taking my make up of with a make up wipe or some Bioderma, I will go in again with the Peaches and Cream Deep Cleansing Milk just to make sure all my make up was removed before going in with my cleanser.
  2. My evening cleanser is the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay (£18) I've only been using this for a couple of weeks and so far I like it, It gives my skin a really deep clean and cleans out any build up in my pores. I do tend to switch up my cleansers quite regularly trying to find my holy grail cleanser. 
  3. I will also use my cleanser with the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (£79) I've had this for nearly 2 years now, I tend to use this every other day as it can be quite abrasive on the skin but it really helps with a deep clean.
  4. Dermalogica Daily Microfilant  (£41.75) now this is quite a pricey purchase but I wouldn't be without, it gives my skin a nice gentle scrub. I've been using this on the days I don't use  my Clinique Sonic System. It has made my skin brighter and smoother and my skin feel really clean afterward. It is worth the splurge and you only use a small amount at a time so it lasts a long time.
  5. My evening toner is the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion (£18), this is a strong toner and you can feel is on your skin whilst its soaking in especially after exfoliating with my sonic system, I am lost without this product as it helps keep my skin nice and clear, I have lost count of the number of bottles I have gone through and is my Holy Grail Toner.  
  6. My eye cream tends to very, I get quite a few samples through Glossy Box to try out. The one I am currently using is the Clinique All About Eyes  (£26.50) I got this as a free sample and I do like it, once the sample has run out I may purchase the full size. 
  7. My evening moisturiser does very slightly depending on how dry my skin is as some nights I might sleep in a face mask or a really thick moisturiser. My most used moisturiser is the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturiser (£20) its a hydrating moisturiser but also helps keep my skin clear and soothes any redness caused from ex-foliating. I don't like to use this as day time moisturiser if I am wearing make up as I don't like how my make up sits on top of it. It is another repurchased product and would highly recommend.
I do tend to shop around for the best deal on skin care products, if I can I will try and buy it in a sale or if there is an offer like 3 for 2 on I will pick things up. I do tend to pick things up at Boots for the points because they do come in handy.

I am planning on doing a completely different post regarding face masks which is why I haven't included them in this post.

I love trying skin care products so if you have an recommendations leave me a comment and I will check it out.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment